Allergy Symptoms and Discomfort Relief
In the cold, or hay fever, allergy season, some people would feel discomfort such as eye redness, lacrimation, running nose, sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy skin. You may have seasonal allergy or symptoms of acute rhinitis, allergic rhinitis, acute pharyngitis due to cold, wind-heat invasion, infection of upper respiratory tract.
Allergic rhinitis is an allergic inflammation of the nasal airways. It occurs when an allergen, such as pollen, dust or animal dander (particles of shed skin and hair) is inhaled by an individual with a sensitized immune system.
Allergic rhinitis may be seasonal or perennial. Seasonal allergic rhinitis occurs particularly during pollen seasons. It does not usually develop until after 6 years of age. Perennial allergic rhinitis occurs throughout the year. This type of allergic rhinitis is commonly seen in younger children.
Signs and Symptoms
The characteristic symptoms of allergic rhinitis are: rhinorrhea (excess nasal secretion), itching, and nasal congestion and obstruction.
Characteristic physical findings include conjunctival swelling and erythema, eyelid swelling, lower eyelid venous stasis, transverse nasal crease, swollen nasal turbinates, and middle ear effusion.
Sufferers might also find that cross-reactivity occurs. For example, someone allergic to birch pollen may also find that they have an allergic reaction to the skin of apples or potatoes. A clear sign of this is the occurrence of an itchy throat after eating an apple or sneezing when peeling potatoes or apples. This occurs because of similarities in the proteins of the pollen and the food. There are many cross-reacting substances.
Allergic rhinitis triggered by the pollens of specific seasonal plants is commonly known as "hay fever", because it is most prevalent during haying season. However, it is possible to suffer from hay fever throughout the year. The pollen which causes hay fever varies between individuals and from region to region; generally speaking, the tiny, hardly visible pollens of wind-pollinated plants are the predominant cause.
- Xanthium Perilla Combo alleviate inflammation and pain in the nose for sinus discomfort such as sneezing, runny nose and stuffy nose due to by attack of wind (cold), and wind-heat.
- Rhynes Pills alleviate inflammation and pain in the nose for sinus discomfort such as sneezing, runny nose and stuffy nose due to by attack of wind (cold), and wind-heat.
- Breathe Right Naturally Herb Tea for eyes itching, lacrimation, snivel, sternutation caused by pollen allergy. Also use for allergic rhinitis.
- Be Min Kan Herbal Tea alleviate inflammation and pain in the nose for sinus discomfort such as sneezing, runny nose and stuffy nose due to by attack of wind (cold), and wind-heat (such as allergens and pathogenic factors).
- Pi Yen Chin Nose & Eye Drops relieving the swelling and redness of the eye, running nose, nasal congestion, sneezing.
- Fu Yin Tai Herbal Lotion clearing heat and resolving toxin, killing the bugs and relieving skin itching and pudendum pruritus, diminishing inflammation and relieving pain.
- Wushe Zhiyang Wan cutaneous pruritus, pudendum pruritus due to wind attack, excessive dampness in the interior, and blood deficiency.
- Xiao Feng San Wan syndrome due to the invasion of Wind-Heat or Wind-Dampness and internal accumulation of heat-dampness, manifested as prickly heat, itching, skin rashes, profuse perspiration.
- Fang Feng Tong Sheng Wan (Miraculous Saposhnikovia Pills) symptoms of boils, eczema and itching due to wind-heat affliction with excess of both the interior and exterior.